DIY | A SIMPLE VALENTINE'S DAY CENTERPIECE | THE LOLLY PROJECT
2/11/15

DIY | A SIMPLE VALENTINE'S DAY CENTERPIECE

holidays are definitely my thing. even the made up one's, like national hug you lizard day or something. one of my new year's resolutions was to actually post my diys on time. i would think of a really great diy, let's say, for memorial day, but i would think of it the day AFTER memorial day. good job molly. when someone gave my mom these pretty pink and white carnations, the lightbulb went off. so, in honor of creating diys on time, i'm here to share a super classy and insanely easy valentine's day centerpiece!


 i collected some random glass jars i had around the house, snatched a few of mi madre's flowers, uncovered my trusty gold spray paint, and got to work.

 take the masking tape and tape off the section of bottle you'd like to be painted. (i also left some untaped and painted the whole bottle.) if you're using a bottle with a sticky residue left over from a wrapper, use some goof off and a paper towel to remove it before painting. make sure your bottles are free of dust and debris.



it was so snowy! there wasn't a free patch of land that wasn't covered in the stuff! it did look cool when i was done though! 


 once the spray paint is completely dry, remove the tape!


^^^this one was my favorite. it was blood orange soda in it's previous life. 


 insert the flowers and enjoy!




 that yummy cookie is from my sweet family friends. i ate it after these pictures. it was good. it was partially me rewarding myself for getting this project done before valentine's day eve! and bonus points for actually posting it on time too! the next step is putting it to good use at my sisters galentine's day party. (coming soon!) have a happy valentine's day! xo. -m




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
THE LOLLY PROJECT © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat